NAFA member, Aero Asset, shares key findings from their recent Heli Market Trends Q4 2020 report.
MARKET CONTINUES TO IMPROVE Q4
· Retail sales volume continued to rise Q4, up 22% vs Q3 20, but still down 25% vs Q4 19
· Supply for sale remained stable but still 10% higher than Q4 19
· Absorption rate continued to improve Q4, but remained 50% higher than Q4 19
· Deal pipeline bounced back Q4, surpassing Q4 19 level
WEIGHT CLASS DISCORD
· Light Twin engine market was stable Q4 after a strong rebound the previous quarter
· Deterioration ended in the Medium market with a strong uptick in sales and a stable level of supply
· Heavy market was at a standstill Q4 after a decent Q3
VIP DOMINATES CONFIGURATION ACTIVITY
· VIP market segment was stable vs Q3, but sales volume remained 15% below Q4 19
· UTILITY & EMS represented 36% of all sales Q4, VIP configurations accounted for the rest
· The most liquid preowned markets Q4 20 were the Airbus H135 & H145 markets tied at 1st place
· 2 of 12 markets in the lineup saw no trades Q4, both in the heavy weight class
· The least liquid market with trading activity was the Bell 412EP which continued to suffer from soft demand
DEAL PIPELINE BOUNCES BACK
· After 4 consecutive quarters of decline in the number of deals pending at various stages of transaction, the deal pipeline grew Q4
· Deal pipeline bounced back 60% higher than Q2 20 level, to surpass Q4 19 level
Click here to download the full Heli Market Trends report.
This report was originally published by Aero Asset in December 2020.