NAFA member, AMSTAT recently released their 2023 November - Q3 Preowned Business Aircraft Market Report.
This report examines supply, demand, asking prices and values in the preowned business jet, turboprop, and turbine helicopter markets. This report shows for jets and turboprops:
- There has been a relative slowdown in resale transaction activity, especially when compared to 2021 and 2022. However, in most market segments the first half of the year’s activity was in line with historical averages.
- A growing preowned inventory, with significant year-over-year increases, but still a lower percentage of the active fleet available for resale than historical averages.
- Ratcheted expectations from sellers of Medium Jets at least in terms of average asking prices.
- Plateaued and declining aircraft median values.
And for turbine helicopters:
- A relative slowdown in resale transaction activity, although better than pre-pandemic years in some market segments.
- A bottom seems to have been reached in preowned inventory levels.
- Preowned asking prices suggest improved seller sentiment.
This report was originally published by AMSTAT in November 2023.