NAFA member, Aero Asset, shares their latest Heli Market Trends Report.
HELI MARKET TRENDS
2022 Half Year Report – Single Engine Edition
TRANSACTION VOLUME DOWN, SUPPLY SHRINKS
- Retail sales decreased 10% S1 2022 vs same period 2021 (YOY).
- Supply for sale was 65% lower year over year (YOY).
- Absorption rate decreased 63% YOY, to 3.5 months of supply at current trade levels.
ROBUST DEMAND FOR SINGLES IN NORTH AMERICA
- North American buyers accounted for 2/3rd of all transactions S1 2022.
- Retail transactions to Europe dropped 50% YOY.
- Europe accounts for 38% of supply for sale, North America 12%, LATAM 19% and APAC 17%.
MARKET PERFORMANCE BY CONFIGURATION
- VIP singles accounted for 60% of all transactions S1 2022. • EMS supply for sale dropped to historic lows.
- Utility supply for sale dropped 75% YOY.
- The most liquid preowned market during the 1st half of 2022 was the Airbus AS350 B3/B3e/H125, followed by the Bell 407/GX/P/I and the Airbus EC130 B4/H130. All three models boast only 3 months of supply at 1st semester trade levels.
- The least liquid preowned market during the 1st half of 2022 was the Leonardo AW119K/Ke/Kx, with an absorption rate of 10 months.
Full Heli Market Trends report available Click Here.
This report was originally published by Aero Asset on July 10, 2022.