NAFA Administrator posted an articleAero Asset 2020 Heli Market Trends Report see more
NAFA member, Aero Asset, shares key findings from their latest Heli Market Trends 2020 report.
2020 HELI MARKET ROLLER COASTER RIDE
- As COVID ramped up through Q2 2020, preowned twin engine helicopter retail sales volume dropped by half. The market went into hypotension, but a strong recovery was just around the corner.
- Markets showed incredible resilience Q3 & Q4 with retail sales (# units) on par YOY.
- Overall, 2020 preowned retail sales volume (# units) rose 10% YOY and 2020 saw the most retail transactions in the last four years.
- Following a sharp rise in the number of units available for sale over the last two quarters of 2020, supply for sale (# units) rose 8% YOY.
- The overall absorption rate (across all models & asset classes) remains constant YOY with 20.5 months of supply at 2020 trading levels vs. 21 months in 2019.
WEIGHT CLASS RESILIENCE
- With the Sikorsky S-92 and Airbus H225 markets both performing strongly YOY, the heavy weight class market saw the biggest rise in transaction volume of all weight classes last year and nearly twice as many retail transactions YOY.
- Heavy’s represented 12% of all units sold in 2020 and 20% of the aggregate transacted value.
- The Leonardo AW139’s was the best performing medium twin market in 2020, representing 40% of all medium transactions (# unit). Medium twin’s accounted for 30% of all units sold and nearly 40% of the total transaction value (all models/weight classes).
- The Bell 429 saw the strongest increase in light twin sales YOY and represented 15% of all light twin sales (#units) in 2020. The light twin market was stable YOY representing 58% of all units sold last year.
- After four consecutive quarters of decline, the deal pipeline which tracks the number of preowned twin engine helicopter deals pending at various stages of transaction, saw a rise in the amount of deals pending Q4 2020. It is the writer’s opinion that the resilience noted Q3 & Q4 2020 will continue Q1 2021.
Full Heli Market Trends report available here.
This report was originally published by Aero Asset on March 8, 2021.
NAFA Administrator posted an articleAero Asset's Helicopter Market Trends Q4 2020 Report see more
NAFA member, Aero Asset, shares key findings from their recent Heli Market Trends Q4 2020 report.
MARKET CONTINUES TO IMPROVE Q4
· Retail sales volume continued to rise Q4, up 22% vs Q3 20, but still down 25% vs Q4 19
· Supply for sale remained stable but still 10% higher than Q4 19
· Absorption rate continued to improve Q4, but remained 50% higher than Q4 19
· Deal pipeline bounced back Q4, surpassing Q4 19 level
WEIGHT CLASS DISCORD
· Light Twin engine market was stable Q4 after a strong rebound the previous quarter
· Deterioration ended in the Medium market with a strong uptick in sales and a stable level of supply
· Heavy market was at a standstill Q4 after a decent Q3
VIP DOMINATES CONFIGURATION ACTIVITY
· VIP market segment was stable vs Q3, but sales volume remained 15% below Q4 19
· UTILITY & EMS represented 36% of all sales Q4, VIP configurations accounted for the rest
· The most liquid preowned markets Q4 20 were the Airbus H135 & H145 markets tied at 1st place
· 2 of 12 markets in the lineup saw no trades Q4, both in the heavy weight class
· The least liquid market with trading activity was the Bell 412EP which continued to suffer from soft demand
DEAL PIPELINE BOUNCES BACK
· After 4 consecutive quarters of decline in the number of deals pending at various stages of transaction, the deal pipeline grew Q4
· Deal pipeline bounced back 60% higher than Q2 20 level, to surpass Q4 19 level
Click here to download the full Heli Market Trends report.
This report was originally published by Aero Asset in December 2020.
Tracey Cheek posted an articleAero Asset Joins National Aircraft Finance Association see more
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EDGEWATER, Md. - July 29, 2019 - National Aircraft Finance Association (NAFA) is pleased to announce that Aero Asset has recently joined its professional network of aviation lenders. “NAFA members form a network of aviation finance services who diligently and competently operate with integrity and objectivity throughout the world. We’re excited to welcome Aero Asset to our growing organization as we head to our 50th anniversary,” said Jim Blessing, President of NAFA.
Aero Asset is a groundbreaking international helicopter sales brokerage with decades of aircraft trading expertise. The company was founded by three well-established aircraft sales professionals: Emmanuel Dupuy, William Sturm and Valerie Pereira. Combining 70-plus years of experience, Aero Asset is a world class broker and dealer of preowned helicopters across configurations and weight class.
Valerie Pereira pilots market research. The growing sales team is lead by Emmanuel Dupuy, William Sturm & Francisco Camoes.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, the company promotes its knowledge of helicopter markets by releasing the Preowned Helicopter Market Trendsevery quarter. This in-depth market report ranks preowned twin-engine markets by liquidity, tracks trading values and breaks down sales & supply over the quarter and year on year.
Aero Asset’s Preowned Helicopter Market Trends Q2 report is out now and can be downloaded here:
Aero Asset applies big brokerage business practices with a customer-first approach to helicopter sales. Much like NAFA, Aero Asset is passionate about aviation and promoting accurate information for fair and safe transactions. Aero Asset and NAFA are dedicated to the aviation industry and its evolution – setting the highest standards for service and expertise throughout.
For more information about Aero Asset, visit nafa.aero/companies/aero-asset.
The National Aircraft Finance Association (NAFA) is a non-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the general welfare of individuals and organizations providing aircraft financing and loans secured by aircraft; to improving the industry's service to the public; and to providing our members with a forum for education and the sharing of information and knowledge to encourage the financing, leasing and insuring of general aviation aircraft. For more information about NAFA, visit NAFA.aero.